Finding Relaxing Moments During The Winter Holiday
It is time to find your relaxation moments…
All teachers know that teaching can be a stressful job. Have you started to wind down for the winter break? It is time to make sure that you make plans to use this time to re-charge and relax.
The key is to get organized and make time for yourself.
This winter break we at Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) want you to commit yourself to truly find some time each day to relax and find that moment of peace.
We are not talking about just sitting in front of the TV, but by lying quietly and breathing deeply for a few minutes each day.
Here is an easy and rejuvenating breathing technique you can use anytime to bring you to that relaxing moment. The following instructional video is provided by Veronica Vidal a renowned relaxation and Yoga expert. The title of this video is “The Power of the Breath”
THE ABDOMINAL BREATH
- Find a quiet place where you rest alone and uninterrupted for a few minutes.
- Turn off the lights, and if you want, put on your favorite soothing music.
- Lay down comfortably on your back and close your eyes (if you have extra pillows place them piled up under your knees for greater comfort and low back support)
- Place your right-hand palm on your abdomen and your left-hand palm at the center of your chest.
- Develop awareness of the flow of the breath in and out your nose.
- Using the sensitivity of your right-hand palm experience the rise and fall of your abdomen as you breathe in and out respectively (soft and easy, exhaling very slowly)
- Use the left hand to monitor that the CHEST DOES NOT MOVE
- Try slowing your respiration down by making each breath cycle lasts 10 to 15 seconds.
- Do this for five to ten minutes or anytime you want to relax or feel stressed. Take some time just for yourself each day.
Remember to make time for yourself. Set the intention to lower your stress level, and you will be mentally ready for what life has to offer for you.
Enjoy your relaxing time for yourself and with family! Take good care of yourself and let us know how you feel!
Your professional development partner,
Teach & Kids Learn (TKL)
Guest Blogger Veronica Vidal, Master Yoga Instructor and Life Coach