Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) is a Qualified Service Provider for General Education and Training approved in the State of Utah for grades K-12. We are pleased to provide our comprehensive online courses for educators within the State of Utah. Each course is directly aligned to the State Standards and Danielson Teaching Frameworks.
A professional license cycle is determined by the date a license is issued or renewed and ending on June 30th of the license expiration year. A Level 1 license is valid for 3 years, a Level 2 license is valid for 5 years, and a Level 3 license is valid for 7 years.
If you hold a current Utah Educator License, only professional learning activities completed within the current renewal cycle are valid, starting the date the license was renewed.
If you hold an expired Utah Educator License, only professional learning activities completed within the applicable license cycle are valid. Points are counted starting the date the renewal form has been approved going back three, five, or seven years, based on the license level.
A college/university course:
1. Coursework completed at a regionally accredited college/university.
2. Subject matter must be related to education or subjects taught in a K-12 public school.
3. Courses successfully completed for credit only with a C grade or better, or a “pass”.
4. Courses must be non-remedial (course number > 100 or > 1000 based university numbering system.
5. Each semester credit hour is worth 18 renewal points and must be recorded on an official college/university transcript.
Each semester credit hour is worth 18 renewal points and must be recorded on an official college or university transcript.
For more information, visit the Utah Department of Education website.