Earn Graduate Credits toward your Nebraska License Renewal with our online self-paced professional development courses.
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
1 Graduate Credit = 1 Semester Hour
We always recommend that you follow any pre-approval requirements in your district before you register for courses. However, many teachers have been successful using our courses to advance on their district’s salary scale—and have typically been able to use our university/college-level course offerings.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the submission of your district approval forms, course syllabus, etc.
Nebraska teachers must have recent teaching experience or college credit hours for renewal of the teaching certificate. Listed below are three options to meet the requirement:
Submit the Verification of Experience Form indicating teaching for one (1) year within the immediate past five (5) years half time (50%) or more in a legally operated school system while holding or qualifying to hold a regular teaching certificate; or
Complete six (6) graduate semester hours in education or your content area, within the immediate past five (5) years while holding or qualifying to hold a teaching certificate that has not expired or has been expired for less than five (5) years; or
If your teaching certificate has been expired for more than five (5) years, fifteen (15) specific graduate semester hours in education are required within the immediate past five (5) years. The hours must be recommended for issuance of the teaching certificate by the certification officer of your approved teacher education institution. The courses shall include:
- A course in instructional techniques
- A practicum consisting of one hundred (100) or more clock hours of contact with students in the classroom setting, fifty percent (50%) of which shall consist of performing instructional duties under the supervision of a cooperating teacher
- A course or courses that address current issues in education, including but not limited to special education, gifted education, reading and writing in the content area, and school law
- Remaining coursework that is directly related to the applicant’s area of endorsement on his or her expired certificate
For more information, visit the Nebraska Department of Education website.