Earn SCECH Credits toward your Michigan License Renewal with our online self-paced professional development courses. (Pre-Approved State SCECH Credit Provider)
EXTENDED – In these challenging times that we are living, we want to provide our teachers with a little help by providing a 20% discounted rate until December 31, 2020. CODE: “BHealthy20”
**Offer not available with Graduate Level Courses.
Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) online courses are pre-approved by the Michigan Department of Education. To check our approved status, visit the MI Department of Education SCECH catalog, and enter “TKL” as the program keyword. Pre-Approved SCECH courses are offered in partnership with our local partner Oakland Schools.
- State Re-Certification SCECH Credit Option- For each course completed, you will earn 50 (SCECH) State Continuing Education Clock Hours toward the 150 needed for the renewal of your Michigan Teaching Certificate. You can now register for our courses at any time. When you register for one of our self-paced courses you will have up to 4 months from the date of registration to complete your course. Since these courses are completely self-paced the amount of time to complete it will be dependent on how much time you put into it on a regular basis. Most teachers are able to finish their course within a 4 week period. Once your course has been successfully completed you will receive your certificate of completion and your SCECH credits will be submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) Please note: It may take 2-3 weeks for credits to be processed once submitted to MDE.
NOTE SCECH Processing Fee: A $17.00 fee is required to process your SCECHs and upload them to the MOECS System.
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
We always recommend that you follow any pre-approval requirements in your district before you register for courses. However, many teachers have been successful using our courses to advance on their district’s salary scale—and have typically been able to use our university/college-level course offerings.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the submission of your district approval forms, course syllabus, etc.
State License Renewal Requirements (one of the following):
- 6 semester credit hours appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement from a regionally accredited college or university; or
- 6 semester hours in a planned course of study from a regionally accredited college or university; or
- 150 Michigan State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement; or
- 150 hours of Michigan district-provided Professional Development (DPPD) appropriate to the content and grade level of the certificate and endorsement; or
- Any combination of the above.
The re-certification online course is worth 50 SCECH each.
Graduate Level Course is worth 3 Graduate Credits or 75 SCECH Credits for each course.
(1 Semester/Graduate Credit = 25 SCECH Credits)
For more information, visit the Michigan Department of Education website.