Earn Professional Development Points (PDP) and/or Graduate Credits toward your Massachusetts License Renewal with our Self-Paced Online Professional Development courses.
Teach & Kids Learn (TKl) Academic Credit/ University Partnered Courses are acceptable for Louisiana teacher license renewal and Professional Development requirement hours according to The Massachusetts Department of Education.
- State Re-Certification Clock Hour Option – Massachusetts teachers may use our state re-certification option from our registration page where you will be provided a listing of comprehensive online courses that will earn educators either 30 or 45 Clock Hours. Clock hours may be used toward meeting the 150 professional development points (PDP) needed by Massachusetts. You can now register for our courses at any time. When you register for one of our self-paced courses you will have up to 4 months from the date of registration to complete your course. Since these courses are completely self-paced the amount of time to complete it will be dependent on how much time you put into it on a regular basis. Most teachers are able to finish their course within a 4 week period.
1 Clock Hour = 1 PDP
Individuals with a Massachusetts professional license must earn at least 150 professional development points (PDPs) every five years to renew the license. Educators and supervisors will work together to create an Individual Professional Development Plan, which must include at least:
- At least 15 PDPs in content (subject matter knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs in pedagogy (professional skills and knowledge)
- At least 15 PDPs related to Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) or English as a Second Language (ESL)
- At least 15 PDPs related to training in strategies for effective schooling for students with disabilities and the instruction of students with diverse learning styles
The remaining required 90 PDPs may be earned through either “elective” activities that address other educational issues and topics that improve student learning, or additional content, and/or pedagogy.
Educators may earn credits from out-of-state, accredited colleges or universities that will then convert to PDPs at the same rate as they would for in-state institutes of higher education.
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
3 Graduate Credit = 67.5 PDPs
For more information, visit the Massachusetts Department of Education website.