Earn Graduate Credits and Professional Development CEUs toward your Maryland License Renewal with our professional development courses.
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
We always recommend that you follow any pre-approval requirements in your district before you register for courses. However, many teachers have been successful using our courses to advance on their district’s salary scale—and have typically been able to use our university/college-level course offerings.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the submission of your district approval forms, course syllabus, etc.
Maryland teachers who are under contract in a Maryland school system, a non-public school providing services to special education students, or a state institution must initiate the renewal request with their employer by submitting the following:
A cover letter requesting a renewal of your certificate, including full name, email address, last four digits of social security number and telephone number
Six semester hours of acceptable credit:
- Earned or taught at a regionally accredited college or university, or through Maryland-approved Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
- Related to a school assignment
- Earned within five years immediately preceding the date the certificate is issued
- Earned in required reading coursework if not already completed (teaching areas only)
Teachers not currently employed in a local school system, non-public school providing services to special education students, or a state institution must submit the requirements within 90 days of certificate expiration.
1 Graduate Credit = 1 Semester Hour
For more information, visit the Maryland Department of Education website.