Earn Certificate Renewal Credits and/or Graduate credits toward your Alaska License Renewal with our Self-Paced Online Professional Development courses.
CLICK HERE TO REVIEW COURSE OPTIONS
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
We always recommend that you follow any pre-approval requirements in your district before you register for courses. However, many teachers have been successful using our courses to advance on their district’s salary scale—and have typically been able to use our university/college-level course offerings.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the submission of your district approval forms, course syllabus, etc.
Alaska educators, to renew a 5- or 10-year certificate, teachers must meet the following requirements prior to the expiration date of their certificate:
- 6 semester hours of renewal credit;
The six renewal credits must be related to or required for:
- The certificated person’s employment at the time of renewal, if the employer requires a certificate;
- The certificated person’s endorsements; or
- A state-approved preparation program will lead to an endorsement that the certificated person seeks to acquire.
At least three of the renewal credits must be upper-division or graduate credits.
The remaining three renewal credits may be upper-division credit, lower-division credit, continuing education units or non-academic credit.
One renewal credit is equal to one semester hour, 1.5 quarter hours or 15 hours of continuing education or non-academic training.
For more information, visit the Alaska Department of Education website.