Earn Graduate Credits and Professional Development Clock Hours toward your Alabama License Renewal with our Self-Paced Online Professional Development courses.
- State Re-Certification Renewals Units Option – Alabama teachers can use our State Re-Certification option during the registration process to earn Professional Development clock hours for updating license class. For each course completed, you will earn 30 or 45 Professional Development clock hours toward the 100 needed for the renewal of your Alabama Teaching Certificate.
- Graduate Credits Option: Teach & Kids Learn (TKL) provides accredited university graduate credits courses. We provide official transcripts. and letter grades upon the successful completion of your selected course. When selecting your course, choose any of our Graduate Credit level courses from our registration page.
We always recommend that you follow any pre-approval requirements in your district before you register for courses. However, many teachers have been successful using our courses to advance on their district’s salary scale—and have typically been able to use our university/college-level course offerings.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the submission of your district approval forms, course syllabus, etc.
Educators can renew their licenses in one of five ways:
- 3 years of experience plus 50 clock hours of professional development approved by the district
- 3 years of experience plus a 3-credit course
- 3-credit course plus 40 clock hours of professional development approved by the district
- 6 semester hours of college credit
- 100 clock hours of professional development approved by the district
Please note that if you earn credit at a non-Alabama regionally accredited senior institution, you must submit a supplement RCR to verify that the coursework is part of a state-approved P-12 educator program. You can find the supplement RCR form at www.alsde.edu/EdCert (click Certificate Renewal > Professional Educator).
For more information, visit the Alabama Department of Education website.