Becoming a Mindful Teacher & Avoiding Burnout, Grades K-12
This course was developed to teach educators how to use mindfulness to help reduce stress and to prevent burnout. Being a teacher can be very challenging and overwhelming.
Educators have the demands of students, parents, administrators and the community, along with their personal responsibilities. Decades of research suggest that mindfulness is an effective strategy to use to improve mental, emotional, and physical health.
The strategies you will learn in this course will help you to reduce stress and improve your overall well being. Mindfulness is an easy, quick, and simple way to help you to boost your morale and be a happier healthier teacher and you.
Educators who take this course will be able to:
– Define Mindfulness
– Know effective mindfulness strategies
– Analyze information about mindfulness
– Write reflective analysis regarding their use of mindfulness
– Evaluate the impact of mindfulness on their stress level and the culture and climate of the classroom
– Create a mindfulness plan to de-stress and to help create a better learning environment
This course has been divided into the following modules:
- Understanding Mindfulness
- Positive Effects of Mindfulness on Teachers
- Strategies for Being a Mindful Teacher
- Mindfulness Plan
- Mindfulness in Practice