New Mexico

Rolling Enrollment
Self-Paced Online Courses


New Mexico   View map


Courses , State Alignments

All first-year New Mexico educators will be issued a Level I Provisional Teacher License, which is a five-year non-renewable license. A Level I teacher must advance to Level II by completing a dossier or a summative evaluation application through the school district. A Level I teacher may advance to Level II after the third year of experience, but must advance to Level II by the end of the fifth year of experience at Level I.

For Level I, II or III license renewal, New Mexico teachers must complete an application for New Mexico Continuing Licensure and obtain a superintendent’s recommendation for continuing licensure (which must be on school district letterhead).

For more information, visit the New Mexico Department of Education website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *